Food & Beverage Process Solutions
Artisan offers customized food and beverage solutions that are backed by our engineering experts. We partner with you to help optimize every aspect of your food and beverage processing needs so you can deliver measurable improvements in operational efficiency with consistent food and beverage quality.
Our food and beverage solutions allow our customers to continually produce products by targeting actions that drive the results specific to their application needs. Artisan’s extensive engineering experience in food, beverages, flavors, additives, nutraceuticals, and edible oil applications allow us to provide food and beverage process solutions that improve your productivity and profitability.
Whatever the challenge, we’re here and ready to assist you. Our food and beverage processing solutions can help you drive measurable improvements in the processing and delivery of safe, high-quality products. If you are looking for services and solutions, contact an Artisan Engineer today.
Protect your brand and enhance your product quality with Artisan’s innovations for food manufacturers. Tap into our specialized food processing solutions that reduce food processing risks, optimize operational efficiency and minimize environmental impact.
Our technology can provide solutions for concentrating coffee, tea, and other solid-containing liquids that are challenging to process, due to heat and shear sensitivity, foaming, and fouling characteristics of materials.
Process Solution Applications:
- Concentrating coffee to greater than 80% solids, to achieve a consistent high-quality concentrate, in a single step.
- Concentrating caffeine, from a wet solvent-rich solution to a dry powder with less than 100 PPM residual solvent, in a single step.
- Concentrating tea from a dilute solution to greater than 50% solids without product degradation in a single pass.
- Desolventize edible oils to ppm levels.
- Desolventize and strip organic solvents from concentrated oils to low PPM residual level of 50 PPM or less.
Drying a heat sensitive protein that contains fiber and starch by evaporating water from a 2% aqueous solution to a free-flowing powder with a moisture content of less than 5%. By utilizing this application, it eliminates a lyophilizing step.
- Concentrating and drying an aqueous soy isoflavones stream from 2% solids to a free-flowing powder containing less than 1% moisture.
- Concentrating and drying aqueous niacin amide from 50% moisture to a dry free-flowing powder with no product degradation
Recovering Aromas, Flavors, etc.
Artisan’s aroma recovery solutions are capable of recovering valuable flavors and aromas directly from a slurry. Our solutions are more cost effective than installing and operating other leading technologies and will offer additional features and benefits.
- Steam stripping process to strip hexane from vegetable oil containing Lecithin, from 80% to 2 PPM without product degradation.
- Reduce Methyl Ester from crude Coconut oil from 50% to less than 1%.
- Dehydrate crude Vanillin from 20% to less than 50 PPM.
- Remove hexane from Marigold oleoresin from 10% to 25 PPM.
- Strip cholesterol to less than 100 PPM from butter fat and lard.
- Deodorize cocoa butter by steam stripping the low molecular weight free fatty acids to non-detectable levels. Deodorization is accomplished at 10 torr and relatively low temperatures (below 150°C) to prevent intra-esterification, while utilizing an economically favorable 3% stripping steam rate.
- Strip cholesterol from butter bat and lard
- Remove solvents from oleoresins.
- Dehydrate crude vanillin.
- Remove methyl ester from crude coconut oil.
Artisan’s thin-film, short residence time process solution technology is ideally suited for heat-sensitive and viscous food or beverage products that foul, foam or contain solids. Our thin-film technology will not degrade or denature proteins and can process materials with viscosities up to 1 million centipoise.
We have the ability to strip undesirable contaminants to non-detectable levels with no loss of valuable aroma/flavor compounds. Artisan’s process solution offers extremely short residence time and rapid surface renewal.
ADVANCE THE YIELD
& PURITY OF YOUR PRODUCT
Artisan Industries Applications
Alternative fuels are among the most important and promising sectors of today’s energy market.
Artisan's thermal process technologies for the chemical process industry are ideally suited for heat-sensitive and viscous chemical materials.
Artisan’s edible oil process solutions optimize the distillation and purification stages of your process without adding significant operational costs.
CBD / Hemp Process
Artisan Industries has extensive experience in the processing of plant-based products, such as CBD, essential oils, etc.
Artisan’s glycerin purification solutions offer significant advantages over alternative glycerin purification processes that are currently in the market.
Constantly evolving products and manufacturing methods create new challenges for the pharmaceutical industry.
Petrochemical, Oil & Gas
Artisan has been a leading supplier of Petrochemical, Oil and Gas thermal process solutions for decades.
As is the case for any new product or industry, the basic chemistry (with some variation in the starting raw materials) is the use of catalyst and operating conditions.
Artisan provides a variety of engineered nutraceutical and oleochemical process solutions from purifying lubricants to recovering solvents from bioplastics.
Food & Beverage
Artisan offers customized food and beverage solutions that are backed by our engineering experts.
Artisan solves your process development and/or process improvement challenges.