Fueling processing alternatives with Artisan technology for the alternative fuel industry.
Alternative fuels are among the most important and promising sector of the energy market. Artisan’s thin-film technology is ideally suited for the separation and purification of these fuels from their chemical by–products.
Using innovative separation techniques, Artisan has helped leading energy companies improve or create new fuels. We have helped take new products from development, through full production while improving profitability.
Alternative Fuels Applications:
- Biodiesel Purification
- Glycerin Purification
- Recovering Glycerin
- Distillation of MEG
- Free Fatty Acids Process
- Drying Explosive or Highly Flammable Organics
- Reduce your RAD Waste with Continuous Water Removal
Artisan’s FFA Process
- Our process can handle up to 30% FFA in the feed and reduce it to less than 1% in a single pass.
- Our process is a green waterless process, reducing the generation of wastewater common in conventional deodorization processes.
- There are no chemical additives or treatments in our process, reducing hazardous chemicals and wastes from your plant site.
- Our process has an ROI of less than 6 months based on only a 5 cent difference in low-cost vs. rendered feed stock prices.
- Our process will not degrade the product oils.
- Our process recovers and economizes up to 5 MMBTU/h of heat duty throughout the process.
- Our key unit operation has been in operation in the fats and oils industry for a better part of the last half century.